Thursday, May 24, 2007

Vegan Fashion

Had an interesting exchange with Cindy Mitchell one of the developers of VeganFashionblog.com. I must admit before being contacted by a member of PersonalCloset.com about adding a category for vegan clothing items, I didn't know you could purchase such items. I know, I should have known.

I educated myself about Vegan clothing via VeganFashionblog.com - the following is a little background on how the blog got off the ground - enjoy

Vegan Fashion Blog was originally started, when after being vegan for 5 months, I wanted to buy a new pair of athletic shoes. It was at this point that panic set in, because I quickly came to the realization that most shoes have at least some leather in them.

The more I thought about this, the more I realized many clothes and beauty products have animal products in them. As a new vegan, I did a lot of reading on vegan blogs and forums and found that more and more products and disguised ingredients had animal products.

So I went on the search for everything vegan, from vegan food alternatives to vegan beauty and fashion. What I found, was that hunting down fashionable vegan clothing was nearly a full time task. I started this blog so that as I found wonderful vegan fashion items, I could share them with other vegans, or those that are curious about cruelty-free fashion.

Everytime I find something that is beautiful and fashionable, I become very excited and can't wait to share, especially shoes, because I am a shoe fanatic. So I hope you enjoy my blog and find it as useful as I do. ERM

No comments: